Electrical Engineer Intern
As an Electrical Engineering Intern at Hinetics, you will contribute to developing advanced electrical machines and related systems. You will work in a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
• Assist in the design and qualification of electric motors.
• Assist with motor winding design and manufacturing.
• Perform insulation tests and winding qualifications.
• Work with electric drivetrain design and potential hybrid integration.
• Integration of sensors into the test motor apparatus.
• Set up electrical connections for motor tests.
• Participate in motor manufacturing in our in-house lab.
• Assist with motor testing, control, and monitoring.
• Junior/Senior pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with hands-on laboratory or assembly/fabrication.
• Understanding of lab safety in a high voltage environment.
• Interest in rotary electric machinery.
• Experience with electronic sensor and instrumentation integration and functionality.
• Understanding of LabView data acquisition and CAN communication.
• Proficiency in MATLAB/python
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Champaign, IL.
• Experience with 3D CAD, specifically Inventor.
• Experience with high-frequency machines.
• Any experience in high-power electric machines, power, and energy systems.
• Experience doing EM analysis and FEA using flux or maxwell.
Hinetics is powering the future of aviation. By reinventing the electrical machine, the workhorse of modern civilization, it is ushering in an era of high efficiency (>99%) and high-power density (>10 kW/kg) for extreme applications, such as electrified aircraft. With its commitment to minimizing carbon emissions, the start-up has demonstrated groundbreaking work, earning recent funding from several notable organizations including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United States Air Force, the National Science Foundation, and the United States Department of Energy. The team at Hinetics is turning the future of clean energy into a reality.
For additional information, please contact Theepan Balachandran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hinetics is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.