As a Mechanical Engineer at Hinetics, you will contribute to and lead the development of advanced electrical machines and related systems. You will work in a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
• Create mechanical designs/CAD drawings for electric motor prototypes.
• Work with electric drivetrain design and potential hybrid integration.
• Integration of sensors into the test motors and testbed/wiring layout.
• Communicate with external machinists to build devices needed for testing.
• Document design process and modifications.
• Create BOMs, ordering materials needed by projects currently underway.
• Thermal analysis and conducting heat transfer tests.
• Assist with setting up internal prototyping facility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Experience with 3D CAD, specifically Investor for CADs and engineering drawings.
• Experience with hands-on laboratory or assembly/fabrication.
• Understanding of lab safety in a high voltage environment.
• Interest in rotary electric machinery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Champaign, IL.
• Experience with rotodynamic analysis of electric motors and drivetrains.
• Experience machining and GD&T or related coursework.
• Experience using FEA.
• Experience with rotating machining.
• Thermodynamics/heat transfer exposure and related coursework.
Hinetics is powering the future of aviation. By reinventing the electrical machine, the workhorse of modern civilization, it is ushering in an era of high efficiency (>99%) and high-power density (>10 kW/kg) for extreme applications, such as electrified aircraft. With its commitment to minimizing carbon emissions, the start-up has demonstrated groundbreaking work, earning recent funding from several notable organizations including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United States Air Force, the National Science Foundation, and the United States Department of Energy. The team at Hinetics is turning the future of clean energy into a reality.
For additional information, please contact Theepan Balachandran at [email protected].
Hinetics is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.