Electric Machines Senior Engineer
As a Senior Engineer of Electric Machines at Hinetics, you will contribute to and lead the development of advanced electrical machines and related systems. You will work in a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
• Contribute to the planning, development, and transition of technologies from concept to products and/or services.
• Perform design, analysis, prototyping, and testing of superconducting and nonsuperconducting electric machines.
• Provide project leadership for electromagnetic, thermal, or mechanical design activities within assigned programs.
• Work with suppliers and engineering team members to develop design alternatives to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost, and manufacturability.
• Conduct research through modeling simulation, and design of electric machines.
• Develop and test prototypes of systems and components.
• Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations that describe analyses and results.
• Keep abreast of the latest technology developments and trends in the industry and recommend/implement innovative changes to product design.
• Contribute to proposals to government agencies and commercial entities for future projects.
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a research & development environment developing electric machines OR a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a research & development environment developing electric machines.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Champaign, IL.
• In-depth knowledge of electrical machines and their controls, including electromagnetic, thermal as well as mechanical technology aspects.
• Experience in designing electric machines for a wide range of applications.
• Experience with a superconducting, permanent magnet, reluctance, and other machine technologies.
• Expertise in simulation tools such as finite elements, MATLAB (Simulink), and circuit simulation.
• Strong background in developing multi-physics analytical models of electric machines.
• Deep network in industry and academia.
• Strong record of publications and patents.
• Demonstrated successful track record of completing tasks and deliverables on schedule and on budget.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated formal writing and presentation experience.
Hinetics is powering the future of aviation. By reinventing the electrical machine, the workhorse of modern civilization, it is ushering in an era of high efficiency (>99%) and high-power density (>10 kW/kg) for extreme applications, such as electrified aircraft. With its commitment to minimizing carbon emissions, the start-up has demonstrated groundbreaking work, earning recent funding from several notable organizations including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United States Air Force, the National Science Foundation, and the United States Department of Energy. The team at Hinetics is turning the future of clean energy into a reality.
For additional information, please contact Theepan Balachandran at [email protected].
Hinetics is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.