Power Electronics Engineer
As a Power Electronics Engineer at Hinetics, you will contribute to developing advanced electrical machines and related systems. You will work in a collaborative team environment on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
• Drive the design of and implement motor controller functionality and algorithms.
• Configure closed-loop control of the drivetrain with industrial inverters.
• Work with electric drivetrain design and potential hybrid integration.
• Define requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components.
• Conduct studies on improving motor-drive performance with different inverter topologies.
• Conduct thermal qualification tests on the inverter.
• Assist in monitoring and conducting motor tests.
• Maintain awareness of current R&D into technologies impacting future inverter designs and motor control.
• Work closely with a motor designer for integration.
• Create reports to efficiently communicate test results.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Experience with industrial SPM/IPM motor controllers.
• Experience with high-frequency machines.
• Experience with data analysis in MATLAB (Simulink).
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Must be willing to work out of an office in Champaign, IL.
• Experience with high bandwidth switching devices (SiC-based inverters).
• Experience integrating industrial inverters and filters to the drivetrain.
• Experience with parallel inverter operation in motor applications.
• Experience with low inductance motor drives.
• Proficiency with CAN communication and data acquisition systems (LabView).
• Proficiency in C/C++.
• Experience with various PWM schemes such as space vector, discontinuous and sinusoidal modulation, including data-acquisition methods.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hinetics is powering the future of aviation. By reinventing the electrical machine, the workhorse of modern civilization, it is ushering in an era of high efficiency (>99%) and high-power density (>10 kW/kg) for extreme applications, such as electrified aircraft. With its commitment to minimizing carbon emissions, the start-up has demonstrated groundbreaking work, earning recent funding from several notable organizations including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United States Air Force, the National Science Foundation, and the United States Department of Energy. The team at Hinetics is turning the future of clean energy into a reality.
For additional information, please contact Theepan Balachandran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hinetics is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.